As can be seen on my last post, this lesson plan is about teaching preschoolers coding and precoding skills. These skills are about creativity, innovative thinking, and problem solving. By the end of the lesson, I would want students to be able to participate in helping the class tell a fairy tale via Scratch Jr.
The first element I created is the activity I referenced in Day 1 on my activity plan, "Save the Prince." I elected to create these as images, not interactive games, since I would prefer to print them out and have the students engage with them in the real world.
(These are, in fact, the same scenarios described in my lesson plan in my last post, with the exception of the bottom one, where the princess should be facing up.)
The second element I made is an example of what students may be able to make during their individual time experimenting with Scratch Jr., as referenced on Day 3 of my lesson plan. This is an underwater scene where three creatures begin moving upon clicks. I also have screenshots of the coding blocks I used.
The third and final element I developed is an example of the class-wide project my students would make to conclude the lesson, described in Days 3 and 4. For this example, I chose to tell the story of the Three Little Pigs. I replaced the wolf with a dragon, since Scratch Jr. had no premade wolves, and chose to end the story with the dragon running off, instead of falling down the chimney and burning to death. (I love the gruesome endings to most fairy tales, but I'm teaching preschoolers, after all.)
I can't show all the code for the story, like I did with the underwater practice, since between all the pages there are around twenty characters who needed coded. I selected three - a code for the pig on the first page, a code for the dragon on the third, and a code for a pig on the third.
And this brings us to the end of this semester, and ergo this blog. Thank you for your time this semester!





No comments:
Post a Comment